Monday, November 16, 2009

I am not well balanced...I am a balancing act.

Read this. Write that. Fix this. Do that. Get up. Come here. Go there. No, not there! Feel like I'm failing. Dropping the balls, not juggling at all. Putting things in a list in order of importance. Stop. Sctratch that. Erase. Priotity number one: getting my priorities straight. Ducks in a row. I think someone shot all mine and hung them in windows in Chinatown.

I'm lookin' towards the sunny side. Or at least the ray of sun that comes down through the momentary hole in the clouds. Looking and hoping I don't get blinded by the brightness. Wishing I was blind when the rain pours down. Where'd I put my fucking raincoat?

Inspiration and self-doubt come hand in hand. Great idea! But it's been written all before. Same shit, different--Words--Syntax--Diction--Direction. I've lost my map and I have always been bad at differentiating North from South. West is where the water is but that's about all I know.

Try as I may. Try as I might. Sometimes I need a finger pointing me which way to go. Sometimes I need a finger, because I've lent all mine out to other people. They take them and run. HEY THAT'S MY THUMB!

Gotta: Spend a little more time paving my own road. : Learn to be blind to that which I do not want to see. : Stop worrying that 'my best' seems to still be not what it should be. : Have a little more fun. : ?

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! You wrote this? It's fabulous! Sounds like my life! Excellent & encouraging. Thanks for sharing :)
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete