Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Dog Costume Contest at Point Isabelle

On Saturday I, along with my boyfriend and my roommate, took our four dogs to Pt. Isabele for a leisurely dog walk. Because we're all weirdos, we dressed the pooches in their costumes, positive that we would be classified as some of those people. You know, the people who dress their dogs up, and call their dogs their children. I pretty much know I will always be one of those people, as my dogs have more bandanas than a flamboyant cowboy and because I have doggy health insurance. Anywhooo, we were prepared for a hilarious outing.

Husky husky and Business casual
Spike got a lot of attention for his two-headed-husky costume, and, while Jack got fewer comments on his business-dog getup, I think he looked dashing. Penny was her grumpy self but endured her ladybug costume. And Aviv...he was the funniest damn chicken.

Diggin' Penny and Jack's ass


After our walk we noticed a big group of...those people. Dogs were dressed as fairies, pirates, monsters, gypsies, and jailbirds. We had stumbled upon a pet costume contest.

While those people had planned to dress up their dogs for a contest, we did it just for kicks, which I guess made us more those peopleish than anyone else. While none of our dogs won the contest (the judges didn't see the irony of a husky dressing up as a husky), we got good bags, and plenty of great pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment