Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rule # 2: Try a new recipe every week

My mom is a great cook. That said, I am not. But I'm not terrible either. I have recently begun trying to expand my knowledge of cooking. I have made coconut curry sauce with meatballs, poured over spaghetti squash. And my roommate and I made dog treats (yes, we used a penis-shaped cookie cutter. Don't ask why). It is a new goal of mine (and a new rule) that I will try a new recipe every week.

Today I am working on a chicken vegetable soup. I'm cheating, though, as I'm not following a recipe. I started out sauteing onions, carrots, and celery. I then added herbs de Provance, which my dad recently brought me from France, and garlic paste. Then, and here's the tricky part, I add chicken broth (from a box, I'm not that fancy) and potatoes. Then you simmer the shit out of it. I'm guessing I should add the broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peppers, and brussels sprouts (I almost wrote "brissles sprouts" which sounds like something very very unfortunate) when the potatoes are smushy-ish. As you can see, it is a science.

Spike and Jack like floor vegetables

Veggies! And a cluttered counter!

Cheating with pre-made chicken.

Simmer the shizz outta it.

I made this too. And ate almost all of it before the soup was done. Yum beets.

I needed a caffeine buzz, so my boyfriend got me a latte.

Spike and my dirty floor.

My kitchen rocks.

Too much cabbage?

Give me soup!

Can I eat the camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment